AMD today announced the immediate availability of the new Six-Core AMD Opteron EE processor at 40W ACP. Delivering up to 31 percent higher performance-per-watt over standard Quad-Core AMD Opteron processors, the Six-Core AMD Opteron EE processor is tailored to meet the demands of customers who need strong performance, but must trim out every watt possible in a server system and reduce the datacenter’s power draw.
Features & Benefits
* More versatility: Six-core performance in a quad-core footprint lets you run more and scale higher, while helping you save energy.
* More cores: The Six-Core AMD Opteron processor has six powerful processing units on each chip, delivering improved performance for environments such as virtualization, database, and web serving
* Workload optimization: Hardware innovations such as AMD Virtualization technology tackle demanding workloads with superior speed and efficiency.
* Virtualization: Improved AMD-V delivers hardware-assisted virtualization for consolidation, hosted client computing environments, and disaster recovery/business continuity.
* Total cost advantage: Superior value at every price point helps your business achieve more with every server computing dollar.
* Save energy: With improved performance in the same electrical and thermal envelope as the previous generation, Six-Core AMD Opteron processors deliver exceptional energy efficiency with the AMD-P suite of power management features including AMD Smart Fetch technology, AMD Power Cap technology, and AMD CoolCore technology.