Apricorn today announced the latest addition and now the fastest of its popular Velocity Solo Desktop SSD Upgrade line, the Velocity Solo X2. It’s the first PCIe 2.0 x2 lane card available that is capable of delivering speeds upwards of 550 MBs when used with a single super fast SATA III (6 Gb/s) 2.5″ SSD.
With the help of two PCIe 2.0 lanes and using a Marvell 9182 chipset, the Velocity Solo X2 will enable desktop PCs and Macs to take advantage of the ever increasing speeds in the SSD market. Designed to fit into a PCIe 2.0 x2 slot or larger (typical installation will use a x4 slot), the Velocity Solo X2 enables users to easily add an SSD to their desktop system. Connection of the Velocity Solo PCIe 2.0 card to the SSD is via a super fast SATA III (6 Gb/s) connection. The Velocity Solo X2 also provides an additional SATA III data connection that can be used to connect to another SSD or HDD to provide expanded high speed storage.
Boot in an instant, open applications in a flash and slash save and import times
The Velocity Solo X2 is the perfect tool to take your desktop to the max. Upgrading your system from a standard 3.5″ desktop drive to a super fast SSD to run those high end computing applications, but it’s also great for improving your gaming experience.
● Boot in one third the time
● Import, open and save large files up to 5x faster
● Open applications up to 20x faster
● Super fast disk access during game play for a smoother gaming experience
● Instantly upgrades your system to an SSD with a SATA III connection, easy to install,compatible with Pcs and Macs.Also,Auxiliary SATA III connector for a super fast connection to an additional hard drive or SSD
It will be available from online retailers and Apricorn’s website at: http://www.apricorn.com/velocitysolo. As far as the pricing is concerned Velocity Solo X1 $49 and Velocity Solo X2 $99.