AIS today announced that it has introduced a new rugged tablet PC, based on Intel’s Atom processor. The AIS 10.4″ Rugged Tablet PC is targeted towards professionals who does loads of field work. Flagship features include a sunlight readable touchscreen display, programmable buttons, barcode scanner, GPS, and 6-cell battery.
The tablet PC boast of aluminum-magnesium alloy construction with individually sealed ports for complete IP54 compliance waterproof and dustproof protection. The unit is also engineered to Military 810F shock, vibration, and drop standards to withstand the most extreme applications in the field.
AIS Intel Atom Tablet PC Features:
* Intel Atom N270 (1.6GHz) processor
* up to 2GB RAM
* Shock-mounted removable hard drive or Compact Flash
* 10.4″ touch-sensitive sunlight readable LCD display
* Wireless 801.1 b/g, WWAN, Bluetooth, GPS
* 6 Cell, 4800 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
The AIS Rugged 10.4” Tablet PC is now available starting at $1499.